CU Freebies Only Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding colour to images

3 posters

Go down

Adding colour to images Empty Adding colour to images

Post  kayteeq Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:46 pm

Good morning,
Wow - what a tremendous forum you've got here. I'm probably posting in the wrong section - and for that I apologize.
I have a question - and I've tried to solve it myself - but I thought I would ask the experts. Is there a tutorial on how to colorize the black and white/grayscale images that are available for CU use? I've tried a few different things but it's not creating the desired effect. I'm using Photoshop CS4.

I'd be forever grateful for any help!

Thanks!

Edited to add: so I've kept playing - and I can now "make" coloured images - keeping the same shape - now I'm just stuck with how to keep some of the beautiful pattern (i.e. think of a flower, with petals and a centre - I've created a cool looking stamp/embossed look, etc I've lost the detail)

kayteeq

Back to top Go down

Adding colour to images Empty Re: Adding colour to images

Post  Lady Shannon Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:49 am

you could always try to "Clip" a colored paper or pattern to your work to try to keep the detail. How to clip. Place your pointer between the two layers and I believe it a right clit to make the clip.

LadyShannon
Lady Shannon
Lady Shannon
Admin
Admin

http://ladyshannonmemoriesmadeeasy.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LauraLee Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:44 pm

add another layer and choose overlay....after selection the item on the first layer clicker or 2nd layer and then click on paint bucket then click 2nd layer that should add the color but make sure that only the item itself is selectd u might need to invert selection before adding the color.
LauraLee
LauraLee
Admin
Admin

http://www.scoop.it/u/treasured-patterns

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down